Crystal Disk Mark is a freeware that allows you to measure the read and write speed of your hard drive, USB stick, SSD, SD card etc. Very useful tool when you try to decide which hard drive or machine to buy.
- Sequential reads/writes
- Random 4KB/512KB reads/writes
- Text copy
- Change dialog design
- internationalization (i18n)
It will do 3 different test with a combination of sequential and random accessing of your disk. It test the read and write speed as measured in MB/s. It is no surprise that hard drive is good at sequential and accessing large file. The above image is from a 640 GB HDD, if you have a SSD you will see a significant improvement in both sequential and random accessing speed.
Give it a try yourself and find out how fast your disk is.
Download Cyrstal Disk Mark here
Co-founder of Next of Windows and a cool geek 🙂
Latest posts by Jonathan Hu (see all)
- Chrome 53 on Windows 10 – How To Disable Material Design - September 19, 2016
- How To Fix Windows 10 Power Button via Start Menu Not Working - September 18, 2016
- Troubleshoot Why Google Service (Gmail, YouTube, Search etc) Slow in Chrome - September 4, 2016
Last updated: 08/04/2014