Any UI tweak to the new Windows 7 is almost impossible if they don’t support the old UI natively. But just like what we showed you on bring the old classic menu back, with a small utility you can do the same to bring back the old XP blink network icon in the notification area.
What you need:
Download the LanLights first.
Under the Options menu, Click “Change Status Icons”
That should will bring you this dialog
Pick the style you want your icon to be shown and save it.
Now you need to hide the Windows 7 network Notification icon. Go to Taskbar Right Click > Properties > Customize
Under the Network Dropdown, choose Hide icon and notifications.
and You are all set !
By now you should see the Old XP Style Network icon appear
Of course you have to note that by doing this you will not have the ability to toggle in between which network(WIFI networks) you want to be connected. Since you will loss the “Jump List” from the original network notification icon.
- Windows 8 Quick Tip: How To Make the Icons Stay Unhidden in System Tray
- How To Reveal Saved Wireless Network Password in Windows 8
- How To Fix the Red X on the Icon of Mapped Network Drives in Windows 7
- How To Change Icon for the Programs Pinned on the Taskbar in Windows 7
- Where Is Show Desktop Icon in Windows 7?