The mission: to find large emails at certain size in Gmail in a very easy way.
How: use this undocumented search operator, size, to find out. The syntax is something like:
size: [size in bytes]
Type it in Search box in your Gmail, and hit Enter.
For example, typing size:5120000 and Enter is going to find out all emails that are larger than 5MB.
And there is even a direct link to it. Clicking the link below is going to take you directly to the search result that lists all emails that are larger than 5MB in your Gmail.
Last, for those wondering why the number of 5,120,000 precisely presents 5MB but not just simple 5,000,000. The short answer is because the size in computer is calculated in binaries, not decimally. And the long answer, well, you can find it here. Just remember, 1024 is a magic number when calculating the computer size in exact amount. For example,
When speaking of 5MB, we are actually talking about a precise number at 5,120,000 bytes.
- Save Your Gmail Attachments To the Cloud with Kloudless
- How To Backup Your Entire Gmail Message and Attachments To Your Local Windows 7
- Trouble Setting Up Gmail on Windows 8? Here is Why and How to Fix it
- Sending Big Attachment Files in Gmail with Google Drive
- Track Your Email Delivery with Bananatag for Gmail and Outlook