Windows 8.1 has added quite a few new features to Lock Screen to let you make a much better use of it. For example, the new Slide Show feature can turn your idling computer into a picture frame right on the lock screen, and the Camera feature lets you to use the built-in camera without unlocking the computer.
Here is a quick tutorial to show you how to use these interesting features in the new Windows 8.1.
Go to Lock Screen Settings
1. Bring up the right side Charm bar, and click Settings. Or if you are using keyboard, simply press Ctrl+i.
2. And click Change PC Settings to open PC Settings app.
3. Then click Lock Screen tile under Top Settings.
How to turn on Slide Show feature
Now, simply slide the Slide Show switch to On, and add a picture folder that contains the pictures you want to show off on the Lock Screen. You can also tweak other settings to meet your own preference, such as when to start the slide show and when to stop.
How to turn on Camera on Lock Screen
Scroll down to the bottom in the Lock Setting settings, and turn on/off the Camera setting. Once it’s on, you can turn on the camera to start taking pictures or videos by simple swiping up the lock screen.
Windows 8.1 also has improved Lock Screen to let you to not only choose which apps to show quick status and notifications on the lock screen but also switch the default app as the app to show alarms on the Lock Screen.
Latest posts by Kent Chen (see all)
- How To Change Default OneDrive File Location on Windows 10 - January 16, 2017
- Windows 10 Tip: What Does the Version Value Number Mean - January 16, 2017
- What’s New in BitLocker Disk Encryption on Windows 10 - January 15, 2017
Last updated: 08/04/2014