We’ve covered quite a few screen capture utilities over the year, but this one you HAVE to try it out. It’s called, PrtScr. Yes, it’s almost the same name you see on your keyboard for the print screen key. PrtScr is very light, quick and easy to use. As you might probably guessed by the name, it replaces your existing Windows screen capture tool when you press the PrtSrn. Instead of saving the image to your clipboard, after you’ve installed this tool, the screen capture will give you a few options to take screenshots.
Watch PrtSrc in Action
Apart from this, here are some highlights.
- Accessible through Ptr Scr, Ctrl+Prt Scr, or custom hotkey
- Captures full screen, rectangle selection, freehand selection, or active window
- Can capture mouse cursor
- Supports multiple monitors
- Allows annotation over capture, with smooth, natural mouse drawing
- Saves capture straight to desktop or to any file, sends it as email, edits, prints or sends to clipboard
- Exports as JPG, BMP, or PNG (transparent or opaque)
- Can re-scale capture before exporting
- Can pre-fill capture title & comments with window title & browser URL
Cool Floating Preview
This feature is very unique, I have yet see anything like this on other similar utilities. PrtScr gives you an instant preview of what you’ve captured, this preview will be floating around if you choose to have a dialog open every time.
Press PrtScn key to activate (or start capture screenshots) You have three options to choose from.
1. right click mouse for drawing highlight
2. left click mouse and drag an area to capture
3. press control + left click mouse to capture a rectangle area
PrtScr is also smart enough to give a meaningful name to the image that you’ve just captured. It’s better compare to other tools will just assign the date stamp as the file name.
You also got controls for settings, such as change the Hot Key that triggers the app. You can also change the behavior to tell it what to do after screen capture.
Give this PrtScr a try, and you will love it.
Co-founder of Next of Windows and a cool geek 🙂
Latest posts by Jonathan Hu (see all)
- How To Delete EFI Partition From USB Drive - October 10, 2016
- Download Smashing Magazine Desktop Wallpaper Calendar October 2016 Windows 7/8/10 Theme - September 30, 2016
- Chrome Not Applying Anti Aliasing to Smooth Font After Remote Desktop Session - September 30, 2016
Last updated: 08/04/2014