Despite the fact the first Patch Tuesday which happened on February 12, 2013 was the 2nd largest patches Microsoft released one day, Microsoft is about to release a bunch out-of-routine updates today February 26, 2013 as the 2nd Patch Tuesday within a month, according to this KB. What is out of ordinary is that Microsoft usually only releases those absolutely needed patches out of band, like not the routine 2nd Tuesday in a month but the patches that are about to release today are all categorized in as non-security content.
The entire list of the issues that will be fixed during this patch cycle is rather long but can be categorized into the following 6 KBs.
- Platform update for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 (KB2670838)
- Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 (KB2718695)
- Update Rollup for Windows Server 2012 Essentials (KB2781267)
- Update for Windows 8, Windows RT, and Windows Server 2012 (KB2794599)
- Update for Windows 8 (KB2818604)
- System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Vista (KB947821) [February 2013]
All updates will be deployed through Windows update automated services, if you leave the Windows Update Service on. So don’t be surprise tomorrow morning that your computer has bee automatically rebooted. Also be sure to save all your work before leaving your computer at end of the day.
Latest posts by Kent Chen (see all)
- Speed Up Email Search for Outlook and Gmail with Email Insight App - February 20, 2017
- How To Take Screenshot and Save it to OneDrive Automatically on Windows - February 17, 2017
- Windows Tip: How To Search Large Files using File Explorer or Windows Explorer - February 16, 2017
Last updated: 08/04/2014