Despite the fact the first Patch Tuesday which happened on February 12, 2013 was the 2nd largest patches Microsoft released one day, Microsoft is about to release a bunch out-of-routine updates today February 26, 2013 as the 2nd Patch Tuesday within a month, according to this KB. What is out of ordinary is that Microsoft usually only releases those absolutely needed patches out of band, like not the routine 2nd Tuesday in a month but the patches that are about to release today are all categorized in as non-security content.
The entire list of the issues that will be fixed during this patch cycle is rather long but can be categorized into the following 6 KBs.
- Platform update for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 (KB2670838)
- Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 (KB2718695)
- Update Rollup for Windows Server 2012 Essentials (KB2781267)
- Update for Windows 8, Windows RT, and Windows Server 2012 (KB2794599)
- Update for Windows 8 (KB2818604)
- System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Vista (KB947821) [February 2013]
All updates will be deployed through Windows update automated services, if you leave the Windows Update Service on. So don’t be surprise tomorrow morning that your computer has bee automatically rebooted. Also be sure to save all your work before leaving your computer at end of the day.
- 9 Critical/Important Windows Security Patches for August 2012
- Microsoft Released Critical Cumulative Security Update for IE to Patch Its Vulnerabilities.
- Download Smashing Magazine Desktop Wallpaper Calendar February 2012 Windows 7 Theme
- 7 Critical/Important Windows Security Patches for October 2012
- Download Smashing Magazine Desktop Wallpaper Calendar February 2013 Windows 7/8 Theme