One of the cool new feature that I like a lot in Windows 7 is the new taskbar thumbnail preview, a place that displays small thumbnail preview of the opened application window on the taskbar when hovering the mouse over the taskbar icons.
It’s a nice feature but takes some time, approximately 400ms by default, to display the thumbnail once your hover your mouse on taskbar. It’s still considerably pretty instant. However, if you want it a bit even faster, you may find this registry tweak helpful.
1. Open Windows 7 registry editor by clicking Start menu, and typing regedit in the search box and hit enter.
2. Then the UAC warning window pops up, click Yes to bypass it.
3. Navigate through the registry to find the following key:
4. Double-click the MouseHoverTime key in the right panel.
5. Change the value from 400 (by default) to anything less than 100 or even lower.
6. Click OK to close the registry editor Window.
7. Logoff or reboot your computer to have the change taken effect.
Leave comment here to let us know if this tip helps.
Latest posts by Kent Chen (see all)
- Getting to Know Your Video Card with GPU-Z - May 28, 2017
- Linux Distros Subsystem Not Supported in Windows 10 S - May 24, 2017
- The New Surface Pro Announced - May 23, 2017
Last updated: 08/04/2014