We all get an error message like this “Windows Explorer is not responding.” One of the reason is that the system is in a deadlock situation. To discover more what is computer deadlock click here. So what to do when Windows showed this kind error message? Well, there are many reasons this sort of errors occurs. Sometimes, when you insert a disk you will be unable to play what’s on the disk, and you get an error like this. Sometimes, when you try to install a program that never ends, you will see the error like this again. It is the most common error which there are two ways you can solve this. If clicking the “close the program” doesn’t work, then
- Tip #1, press “control + Shift + Esc” this will bring you the task manager, yes it’s not the old “control + Alt + delete“. When the task manager is up you can find which program uses the most CPU/memory, and manually stop them. Hopefully, your computer won’t get frozen again.
- Tip #2, this applies when you constantly getting this kind error, say whenever you do something your PC froze. So if you ever have this kind situation than there is a real problem. Inside the Windows 7, you can try to use a very useful tool that has already been built-in, called the Problem Steps Recorder. ( find it just type “problem Steps Recorder” in the start manual)
Good luck ! and Enjoy your new Windows 7 [Update on Feb 8, 2011] If you are among those who have been suffering the pain of constant Windows Explorer not responding crashes, hope this post here may be able to help you out.
Co-founder of Next of Windows and a cool geek 🙂
Latest posts by Jonathan Hu (see all)
- Download Smashing Magazine Desktop Wallpaper Calendar March 2017 Windows 7/8/10 Theme - February 28, 2017
- How To Add G Suite Email Account in Outlook Office - February 27, 2017
- How To Back Up and Free up WeChat Data To Your Computer - February 26, 2017
Last updated: 10/23/2016