It’s been a lot confusion going around the net as to who gets the free copies and who doesn’t when it’s time to upgrade. Will you eligible for a free copy of Windows 10 or will you have to pay for it from your own pocket?
Here is a simple chart that gets you a clear answer. Thanks to Digital Inspiration.
To put it simple in word,
- If your computer is running a pirate copy of whatever, you will have to buy a license of Windows 10.
- If your computer is still riding on XP, you will have to buy a license of Windows 10.
- Otherwise, you are eligible for a free legitimate copy of Windows 10. And you should reserve your free copy now.
Even if you don’t have anything right now or just about to buy a new computer, you can still run a free copy of Windows 10 without paying a dime.
Latest posts by Kent Chen (see all)
- How To Disable Removable USB Storage Read, Write and Execute Access on Windows 10 - December 1, 2016
- Windows 10 Tip: How To Move System Tray to the Second Display - November 30, 2016
- How To Display The Last Logon Account Info on Windows 7 and 10 - November 29, 2016
Last updated: 07/03/2015