It’s been a lot confusion going around the net as to who gets the free copies and who doesn’t when it’s time to upgrade. Will you eligible for a free copy of Windows 10 or will you have to pay for it from your own pocket?
Here is a simple chart that gets you a clear answer. Thanks to Digital Inspiration.
To put it simple in word,
- If your computer is running a pirate copy of whatever, you will have to buy a license of Windows 10.
- If your computer is still riding on XP, you will have to buy a license of Windows 10.
- Otherwise, you are eligible for a free legitimate copy of Windows 10. And you should reserve your free copy now.
Even if you don’t have anything right now or just about to buy a new computer, you can still run a free copy of Windows 10 without paying a dime.
Latest posts by Kent Chen (see all)
- Microsoft To-Do App Available in Preview on Windows 10, iOS and Android - April 19, 2017
- Windows 10 Tip: What’s Mini View in Movies & TV App and How To Use it - April 15, 2017
- Windows 10 Tip: How To Convert MBR Partition to GPT without Losing Data - April 12, 2017
Last updated: 07/03/2015