Really, if the touch focused Metro tiles is not your thing and you are tired of keeping switching it back and forth between the desktop and the Metro Style, this trick brings the Windows 7 Start menu back to life.
Here is how:
1. Press Win+R to bring up the Run menu;
2. Type in Regedit and press Enter to launch the Regedit program;
3. Navigate to the following key:
4. Change the value of RPEnabled from 1 to 0;
5. The change takes effect immediately right after you hit OK.
While bringing back the old Windows 7 style of Start Menu is good, there are also drawbacks that come with it, mostly, you don’t get the new Windows Explorer and Task Manager, which I like them both a lot in the new version of Windows.
And besides, without the fancy Metro Style Tiles, what’s the point moving from Windows 7 to Windows 8?
Thanks to AddictiveTips for sharing.