As a web developer, we always are looking for the good tools to sharpen our weapons, increase our efficient, and improve our code work. And we are never shy introducing any good ones that we came across, or were thrown at us. This free PHP editor, by Code Lobster, was the later but was also a good one worth spreading the words.
Here are some highlights of important features provided by this tool:
- HTML/CSS inspector on the type of Firebug, which allows easily to correlate the selected elements of page with a code and proper style.
- Context help on all supported languages. By pressing F1 key the page with detailed description for current tag, attribute or function will be opened.
- PHP debugger. PHP debugger allows to execute PHP scripts incrementally, watching the values of all variables in every line.
- SQL manager allows to produce all necessary actions with a database – to add, delete, edit a structure and records in tables, to export data, execute SQL queries. Highlighting and autocompletion works for SQL files also.
- Support of FTP allows to work straight with a remote server and to do all necessary changes with files;
- The portable option allows to use editor without the preliminary installation.
- Other useful utilities: pair highlighting, possibility of blocks selection, collapsing, tooltips, navigation on descriptions of functions and included files at withholding of the key of CTRL, viewing of structure of files and project, preview in a browser, book-marks, and all other standard possibilities for work with a code.
Not good enough? What about the integration of the popular frameworks we’ve all been working with? Codelobster PHP Edition also has special plugins for working with many popular platforms, such as:
- CMS: Drupal, Joomla
- PHP frameworks: CakePHP, CodeIgniter, Symfony, Yii
- WordPress blogging engine
- Smarty template engine
Codelobster PHP Edition is completely free and can be installed as a portable version as well. You will register a free code in order to enjoy all these features for free. But if you do like tool you may consider upgrading to its Professional version for more advanced features, such as those additional plug-ins to work with other platform.
Latest posts by Kent Chen (see all)
- Windows 10 Tip: How To Quickly Switch Sound Playback Device - February 25, 2017
- The Page File (PageFile.sys) Guide for Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 - February 22, 2017
- How To Enable and Use Fetch Files Feature in OneDrive to Access All Your Files Remotely - February 21, 2017
Last updated: 08/04/2014