Seriously, if you are going to DIY a new computer, now it’s the time because you can now have a free Windows 10 OS for you new PC, even when you don’t have a copy of Windows 7 or 8.1 to upgrade from.
Here are the steps you need to take in order to be eligible.
- Sign up for the Windows Insider Program to become an insider, if you haven’t already.
- Sign up a Microsoft Account, if you haven’t already.
- Download Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO.
- Fresh install Windows 10 Insider Preview on your new computer.
- Continue as a Windows Insider, do not opt out.
Hooray! Now you’ve legally owned a computer that runs a legit copy of Windows 10 without paying a penny.
So, what’s the catch? Not much.
- You need to do this before July 29 when Windows 10 RTM releases, or as late as the last pre-release build expires.
- You do get a legit copy to run on your computer that remain activated but you don’t own a valid license code. The code that gets activated through Insider Program is basically a beta code that could expire at any time.
All these sound too good to be true? Well, Microsoft announced on June 20th and reaffirmed again on June 22nd that Windows Insiders who clean installed the Windows 10 Preview can upgrade and activate the Windows 10 RTM for free, regardless of whether they have a Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 license.
/via Blogging Windows/
Latest posts by Kent Chen (see all)
- Recovering Data Encrypted by WannaCry Ransomware - May 19, 2017
- Outlook Tip: What To Do When Receipt Receives Winmail.dat Attachment from You - May 19, 2017
- Whom to Blame: Stealing Windows Credentials Using Google Chrome - May 17, 2017
Last updated: 06/22/2015