Windows 7 has added more default themes than in Vista. It also added the long waited Desktop Background Slide Show (Although it was there in Windows Vista Ultimate, most users don’t have the feature). In the 2 public release of Windows 7 test version, beta and RC, Microsoft has yet improved and added additional themes in the RC, but do you know there are hidden themes in Windows 7 that are not shown in Personalization!
There are 5 additional hidden theme by Region, Australia, Canada, Great Britain, United States and South Africa. You can enable this with the following Steps:
- Go to folder options, there are 2 ways to do this, (Press Alt inside Windows Explorer you will see the hidden Tools > Folder options OR Click Organize > Folder and search options) Either way it will lead you to the same dialog
- Go to view > Show Hidden files, folders and drivers then Click Apply
- Now navigate to the following folder (C:Windows\Globalization\MCT\ )
- The 5 folder are the 5 different hidden Region theme. Lets go to Canada for example.
- Click the theme CA icon will enable your theme to Shift to Canada
So by doing this you can view and add more theme to your Windows 7 without downloading or making any addition changes. Lastly remember to turn off the show hidden file for your safety protection.