I had the need the other day to change the default download folder in Internet Explorer 10 for one of my users but I just couldn’t find the right place to do it. It’s not in Options like the other browsers. Rather, it’s buried in a place that’s not so obviously to a normal person like me.
So if you ever need to change the default download location to other place, here is what you can do.
1. Click the Gear icon in IE and choose View Downloads.
2. Click the Options (like a link) at the bottom of the window.
3. Click Browse… button to select the folder you want to set as the default download folder for IE.
4. Click OK, and you are all set.
See, it’s one of many things I think IE can learn from other browsers like Chrome and Firefox. Why changing a default download location has to be that complicated?
Latest posts by Kent Chen (see all)
- Microsoft To-Do App Available in Preview on Windows 10, iOS and Android - April 19, 2017
- Windows 10 Tip: What’s Mini View in Movies & TV App and How To Use it - April 15, 2017
- Windows 10 Tip: How To Convert MBR Partition to GPT without Losing Data - April 12, 2017
Last updated: 08/04/2014