I had the need the other day to change the default download folder in Internet Explorer 10 for one of my users but I just couldn’t find the right place to do it. It’s not in Options like the other browsers. Rather, it’s buried in a place that’s not so obviously to a normal person like me.
So if you ever need to change the default download location to other place, here is what you can do.
1. Click the Gear icon in IE and choose View Downloads.
2. Click the Options (like a link) at the bottom of the window.
3. Click Browse… button to select the folder you want to set as the default download folder for IE.
4. Click OK, and you are all set.
See, it’s one of many things I think IE can learn from other browsers like Chrome and Firefox. Why changing a default download location has to be that complicated?
Latest posts by Kent Chen (see all)
- The Page File (PageFile.sys) Guide for Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 - February 22, 2017
- How To Enable and Use Fetch Files Feature in OneDrive to Access All Your Files Remotely - February 21, 2017
- Speed Up Email Search for Outlook and Gmail with Email Insight App - February 20, 2017
Last updated: 08/04/2014