Disk management gives effortless ways to manage installed disk partitions i.e. shrink, extend, format, rename or delete volume. Microsoft has decided to continue this utility in Windows 10 without any modifications except little interface upgrade. However, there aren’t any improvements reported regarding the most popular low disk space problem or the possible ways to get out of it.
Indeed, you can easily handle this problem and shrink or extend partitions as required. Though, it’s not recommended step specially if you are a beginner as sometime, dealing with bootable partition results in disaster situations. There are automated tools that allow managing disk partitions with built in interface and ensure healthy system running without any failure or error messages. EaseUS Partition Master is a free disk management software that allows list of disk related functions and available in different languages (up to 5).
Below listed are the major advantages of using this tool and you can perform risk free disk related operations as it’ll take care of all problems that arise in between:
- Convert system disk from MBR to GPT. Also, convert FAT volumes to NTFS
- Shrink or extend large capacity volumes as supported in Windows 10
- Resize partition without even restarting your PC
- Merge small capacity volumes into one larger drive without any data loss.
- Inbuilt partition recovery wizard just to ensure safe recovery of lost or deleted volumes.
- Wants to permanently wipe hard drive data before disposing it off, this utility will take care of it.
- Migrate from small to large capacity drives or from traditional HDD to modern SSD without even reinstalling fresh copy of Windows.
Besides the above listed features, there are few more advantages that you can make use of with this utility. As discussed earlier, this utility is a perfect if you ever wanted to increase bootable volume disk space if it’s full. You don’t need to begin uninstalling applications that you might need in future just to get a little extra space. Heads up to developer tutorial on how to increase disk space and you’ll be soon come up with enough available space needed to continue using system without any trouble.
To play game safe, I’d still advise you to take backup of important data in advance as any uncertainty might leads to permanent data loss. Also, distribute the created backup copy to different places so you can restore data even if the primary backup source fails or become inaccessible.
Unlimited scope of managing disk partitions the way you want. Also, this disk manager tool comes as a free utility so there is nothing wrong to give it a shot. At least, you can keep it around so you can address disk related problems in future without any hassle.
This tool is little more than your traditional disk management utility that may become pretty useful if want to perform actions that disk management might not capable of.
What are our recommendations?
You’ll barely think about making extra space while creating partitions or deleting volume. Isn’t it? This utility is what exactly you need if you haven’t yet noticed that drive space you’ve left with as of now. Also, if you’re a computer freak, you might need to give your hands on the different geekiest stuff it provides related to Windows partitions. Feel free to share your thoughts and personal experience with this tool or similar.
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- Why defragging PC Hard Drive is a Good Idea and How to Do It? - October 23, 2015
- How to Manage Disk Partitions Effectively in Windows 10? - October 21, 2015
- Cool Tips to Speed up your Windows 8,7 machine - October 7, 2015
Last updated: 10/21/2015