The built-in Network Status in Windows 7 doesn’t actually provide that much information as needed, for example, the transfer speed rate is one of those features missed. So here comes NetSpeedMonitor, a little free tool that monitor the speed (up- and downstream) of your network interfaces and the amount of data transferred.
It’s a small tool that runs as a monitoring toolbar on your taskbar with a useful tooltip that gives you a quick and short traffic overview for Month, Today, and Session. Here are the main features that this little tool offers.
- Monitoring Network Interface Speed
- Traffic Logging with SQLite Database
- Advanced Tooltip with Traffic Overview
- Custom Double Click Events
- Multilingual User Interface (MUI)
- Windows Vista and Windows 7 Aero Support
- Supports 32 and 64 Bit Operating Systems
- No additional drivers required
Note that it uses an open source SQLite3 as backend database to save all the traffic data.
The tool supports Windows 7, but only 32-bit. Hope the developer will release a version that supports Windows 7 64-bit soon.