VirusTotal Scanner is a desktop virus scanning tool that performs an almost instant anti-virus scan using VirusTotal, a free online scan service that analyzes suspicious files using 40+ Anti-virus applications, including AVG, Comodo, Kaspersky, McAfee, Trend Micro, and many many more.
If you have used VirusTotal before, you may like this desktop version of it with additional features that come with it, including:
- Easily & Quickly perform VirusTotal scan of your file.
- Performs Hash based scan without uploading the file.
- Right click context menu to launch it directly by simply right clicking on the file.
- ‘Drag & Drop’ feature to quickly choose the file
- Displays detailed VirusTotal Scan report
- Very easy to use with attractive interface
- Completely Portable Tool and can be run directly
- Includes optional Installer for local Installation & Uninstallation.
To use the tool, simply launch VirusTotal Scanner, drag & drop the file you want to check, and click VirusTotal Scan button once the hash values show up. The detailed VirusTotal report will be displayed at the bottom part of the tool within a second or two.
Basically, what it does is to calculate the hash tags from the file you dropped and search against the VirusTotal database to see if it’s been scanned and listed. If not, the error message pops up, and you will be asked to upload the file through VirusTotal website manually.
VirusTotal Scanner offers both installation and portable versions, and works on almost all Windows system, from XP and above. With installed version, a VirusTotal Scanner entry will be added to the right-click context menu, so if you have already located the file that you want to scan, you can simply right click on it and choose VirusTotal Scanner.
Microsoft MVP, IT Professional, Developer, Geek, and the co-founder of Next of Windows. i am impressed your work thanks admin sharing a great topic keep it up dear and sharing a more info