On Windows 8, you will have to make quite a bit of effort to make your computer skip the Start Screen and boot right to the Desktop. But now on version 8.1, you can easily do so with a simple setting change.
Here is what you need to do:
1. Switch to Desktop, if you haven’t.
2. Right-click Taskbar, and choose Properties.
3. On Taskbar and Navigation Properties window, go to Navigation tab, and check the option called “Go to desktop instead of Start when I sign on” (Figure 1).
4. Click OK, and you are done.
Latest posts by Kent Chen (see all)
- How To Disable Removable USB Storage Read, Write and Execute Access on Windows 10 - December 1, 2016
- Windows 10 Tip: How To Move System Tray to the Second Display - November 30, 2016
- How To Display The Last Logon Account Info on Windows 7 and 10 - November 29, 2016
Last updated: 08/04/2014