On Windows 8, you will have to make quite a bit of effort to make your computer skip the Start Screen and boot right to the Desktop. But now on version 8.1, you can easily do so with a simple setting change.
Here is what you need to do:
1. Switch to Desktop, if you haven’t.
2. Right-click Taskbar, and choose Properties.
3. On Taskbar and Navigation Properties window, go to Navigation tab, and check the option called “Go to desktop instead of Start when I sign on” (Figure 1).
4. Click OK, and you are done.
Latest posts by Kent Chen (see all)
- Windows 10 Tip: How To Quickly Switch Sound Playback Device - February 25, 2017
- The Page File (PageFile.sys) Guide for Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 - February 22, 2017
- How To Enable and Use Fetch Files Feature in OneDrive to Access All Your Files Remotely - February 21, 2017
Last updated: 08/04/2014