On Windows 8, you will have to make quite a bit of effort to make your computer skip the Start Screen and boot right to the Desktop. But now on version 8.1, you can easily do so with a simple setting change.
Here is what you need to do:
1. Switch to Desktop, if you haven’t.
2. Right-click Taskbar, and choose Properties.
3. On Taskbar and Navigation Properties window, go to Navigation tab, and check the option called “Go to desktop instead of Start when I sign on” (Figure 1).
4. Click OK, and you are done.
Latest posts by Kent Chen (see all)
- The Story of How SSH Got the Port Number 22 - April 28, 2017
- Microsoft To-Do App Available in Preview on Windows 10, iOS and Android - April 19, 2017
- Windows 10 Tip: What’s Mini View in Movies & TV App and How To Use it - April 15, 2017
Last updated: 08/04/2014