If you have multiple cloud services accounts and are using them constantly and simultaneously, you may be interested in having a single app that can manage them all. At least, I do. Cumulo is one of such apps available on Windows 8 that can help you with that. It integrates multiple popular cloud services, including Dropbox, SkyDrive, Google Drive, Box and SugarSync, into a single and unified view to allow you to manage them from one place. It’s completely free and works on both Windows 8 and Windows RT.
You can add services from Cumulo Settings through the settings charm (press Ctrl+I or swipe in from right board of the touch screen). It supports Dropbox’s 2-factor authentication smoothly so you don’t have to worry if you have signed up its 2-factor mode.
What’s nice having an unified view is that you can search the files through the search charm across all your registered cloud storage, with the ability uploading/downloading files to/from any of these storage.
If you have a folder that has the same name on multiple storage, they will be unified into only folder so you don’t have to navigate through different cloud service to find the files under the same folder name.
There are also a few noticeable features that are worth mentions, such as
- Uses descriptive icons to identify the cloud storage service for files or folders
- Allows to share files using the sharing charm
- Play video and audio files directly from the application
- Combine photos from different providers and view them in a slideshow
- Combine storage and see them as one big storage on the cloud
- Take photos and videos directly from the app and upload them to any provider
The basic free service provided by Cumulo supports Dropbox, SkyDrive, and Google Drive. You will the need to upgrade to Pro, which costs $2.49, to get the support of Box and SugarSync. The free version also has ads showing up through the app but you can get rid of that by paying a small fee at $1.49. Considering the nice job done in Cumulo, it’s worth the price to have a cleaner version of unified cloud view. Besides, you can also consider this as a small donation to support their excellent work done on this app.
Cumulo is a great app that unifies multiple popular cloud services into a single view with search, uploading/downloading capabilities across the board. The function provided in this app is even better than the native Dropbox app on Windows 8, and that speaks something for their develop team’s work. I hope it can be even better down the road.
Cumulo is a native Windows 8 app that works on both Windows 8 and Windows RT. You can download and install the app directly from Windows Store on your Windows 8 devices. The app will requires the permission to use your camera, microphone, and internet connection.
Download Size: 12.7MB
Latest posts by Kent Chen (see all)
- The Page File (PageFile.sys) Guide for Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 - February 22, 2017
- How To Enable and Use Fetch Files Feature in OneDrive to Access All Your Files Remotely - February 21, 2017
- Speed Up Email Search for Outlook and Gmail with Email Insight App - February 20, 2017
Last updated: 10/28/2014