Have you ever encountered one of these annoying error messages when trying to delete, move, or rename files or folders?
- Cannot delete folder: It is being used by another person or program
- Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use
- Cannot delete file: Access is denied
- The file is in use by another program or user
- There has been a sharing violation
- The source or destination file may be in use
- Cannot read from the source file or disk
Free File Unlokcer is an essential freeware tool developed just to help you easily get around these annoyances. It’s another new file unlocking utility just released by 4dots Software that works with all 32-bit and 64-bit version of Windows and Windows Server.
Free File Unlocker can also be used to terminate those stubborn malwares that are difficult to be killed and removed.
It’s also fully integrate with Windows Explorer by adding an entry to the context menu that can be triggered by a simply right mouse click.
Free File Unlocker also offers a portable version. However, from what I tested, the portable version still installs a copy of software into your system, not in Programs Folder but in the user profile, the same way as Google Chrome.
Latest posts by Kent Chen (see all)
- Microsoft To-Do App Available in Preview on Windows 10, iOS and Android - April 19, 2017
- Windows 10 Tip: What’s Mini View in Movies & TV App and How To Use it - April 15, 2017
- Windows 10 Tip: How To Convert MBR Partition to GPT without Losing Data - April 12, 2017
Last updated: 08/04/2014