Do you know that when Microsoft releases their monthly Patch Tuesday security updates they also release a download ISO image as well as a tool that can be used by IT department to manually update local systems? Well, yes, they do.
According to Microsoft, these monthly downloadable images are intended for Corporate administrators who:
- Manage large multinational organizations
- Must download multiple individual language versions of each security update
- Do not use an automated solution such as Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
By using the ISO image files, administrators can download multiple updates in all languages at the same time.
What’s even better, this KB913086 article lists every single monthly ISO that Microsoft has released with their famous Patch Tuesday security updates back since January 2006. It’s more than 9 years worth of security updates collected in one place.
While these images are intended for corporate admins to use, individuals can also benefit from them. For example, you can use these images to update your freshly installed Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 computers without having to go through the painful Windows Update download and installation process.
I guess I will definitely give it a try next time.
Download The latest security releases ISO images
- May 2016 Security Release ISO Image
- April 2016 Security Release ISO Image
- March 2016 Security Release ISO Image
- February 2016 Security Release ISO Image
- January 2016 Security Release ISO Image
- December 2015 Security Release ISO Image
- November 2015 Security Release ISO Image
- October 2015 Security Release ISO Image
- September 2015 Security Release ISO Image
- August 2015 Security Release ISO Image
Note that, these security release ISO images are not bootable. To burn them into a disc, use tools like ImgBurn or ISO Recorder. But if you just want to open and extract the files to your network drive or USB drive, you can simply right-click the ISO file and go to Open With, and Windows Explorer.
Latest posts by Kent Chen (see all)
- Microsoft To-Do App Available in Preview on Windows 10, iOS and Android - April 19, 2017
- Windows 10 Tip: What’s Mini View in Movies & TV App and How To Use it - April 15, 2017
- Windows 10 Tip: How To Convert MBR Partition to GPT without Losing Data - April 12, 2017
Last updated: 06/15/2016