We’ve covered a quick tip how to boot straight to desktop in Windows 8.1. Here is another tip that shows you how to go back to desktop instead of staying in Start Screen after you close up a Windows 8 app.
And it’s very easy.
1. Switch to desktop, if you haven’t.
2. Right-click Taskbar, and choose Properties.
3. On Taskbar and Navigation properties dialog window, go to Navigation tab, and check the option called ”
4. Click OK, and that’s about it.
And yes, it’s the same option that turns both “boot to desktop” and “back to desktop” on at once.
Latest posts by Kent Chen (see all)
- Windows 10 Tip: How To Schedule to Turn On WiFi Connection Automatically - December 10, 2016
- Free eBook – Crypto 101 to Start Learning How Encryption Works - December 9, 2016
- Microsoft Pauses New Insider Preview Builds for the New Unified Update Platform - December 7, 2016
Last updated: 08/04/2014