We’ve covered a quick tip how to boot straight to desktop in Windows 8.1. Here is another tip that shows you how to go back to desktop instead of staying in Start Screen after you close up a Windows 8 app.
And it’s very easy.
1. Switch to desktop, if you haven’t.
2. Right-click Taskbar, and choose Properties.
3. On Taskbar and Navigation properties dialog window, go to Navigation tab, and check the option called ”
4. Click OK, and that’s about it.
And yes, it’s the same option that turns both “boot to desktop” and “back to desktop” on at once.
Latest posts by Kent Chen (see all)
- The Story of How SSH Got the Port Number 22 - April 28, 2017
- Microsoft To-Do App Available in Preview on Windows 10, iOS and Android - April 19, 2017
- Windows 10 Tip: What’s Mini View in Movies & TV App and How To Use it - April 15, 2017
Last updated: 08/04/2014