We’ve covered a quick tip how to boot straight to desktop in Windows 8.1. Here is another tip that shows you how to go back to desktop instead of staying in Start Screen after you close up a Windows 8 app.
And it’s very easy.
1. Switch to desktop, if you haven’t.
2. Right-click Taskbar, and choose Properties.
3. On Taskbar and Navigation properties dialog window, go to Navigation tab, and check the option called ”
4. Click OK, and that’s about it.
And yes, it’s the same option that turns both “boot to desktop” and “back to desktop” on at once.
Latest posts by Kent Chen (see all)
- The Page File (PageFile.sys) Guide for Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 - February 22, 2017
- How To Enable and Use Fetch Files Feature in OneDrive to Access All Your Files Remotely - February 21, 2017
- Speed Up Email Search for Outlook and Gmail with Email Insight App - February 20, 2017
Last updated: 08/04/2014