Here is an interesting trick that makes your computer to speak out the time automatically at every hour, like making your own Big Ben Clock on your Windows.
First – the script
Create a file with the following lines codes:
Dim speaks, speech
speaks = "It is " & hour(time) & " O'clock"
Set speech = CreateObject("sapi.spvoice")
And save as .VBS file. For example, time.vbs. Right, I’ve made it easy for you that you can just right-click the link and choose Save As… to download it from this website.
You can double-click the file to test out how it sounds.
Second – schedule the task
Let’s schedule it to run every hour.
1. Open the Task Scheduler, you can press WIN + R, type in taskschd.msc, and hit Enter to start.
2. In Task Scheduler, click Create Task under Action.
3. Give a name under the General tab, such as Time.
4. Add a trigger to run the task repeatedly very hour. Like below:
5. Add an action under Actions tab, like below:
6. That’s it. Click Ok to close it.
Congratulations. You’ve successfully turned your computer into a famous Big Ben Clock with a nice male voice speaking out time at every hour.
/credit goes to my MVP fellow Michael Martin/
/update on Oct 28, 2013/
If you are interested in how to run a script at login or logoff, check out this post that outlines the setup how to make this time.vbs to run during a logoff process.