Here is an interesting trick that makes your computer to speak out the time automatically at every hour, like making your own Big Ben Clock on your Windows.
Create a file with the following lines codes:
Dim speaks, speech
speaks = “It is ” & hour(time) & ” O’clock”
Set speech = CreateObject(“sapi.spvoice”)
And save as .VBS file. For example, time.vbs. Right, I’ve made it easy for you that you can just right-click the link and choose Save As.. to download it from this website.
You can double click the file to test out how it sounds.
Let’s schedule it to run every hour.
1. Open the Task Scheduler, you can press WIN + R, type in taskschd.msc, and hit Enter to start.
2. In Task Scheduler, click Create Task under Action.
3. Give a name under General tab, such as Time.
4. Add a trigger to run the task repeatedly very hour. Like below:
5. Add an action under Actions tab, like below:
6. That’s it. Click Ok to close out it.
Congratulations. You’ve successfully turned your computer into a famous Big Ben Clock with a nice male voice speaking out time at every hour.
/credit goes to my MVP fellow Michael Martin/
/update on Oct 28, 2013/
If you are interested in how to run a script at logon or logoff, check out this post that outlines the setup how to make this time.vbs to run during a logoff process.
Latest posts by Kent Chen (see all)
- Windows 10 Tip: How To Quickly Switch Sound Playback Device - February 25, 2017
- The Page File (PageFile.sys) Guide for Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 - February 22, 2017
- How To Enable and Use Fetch Files Feature in OneDrive to Access All Your Files Remotely - February 21, 2017
Last updated: 08/04/2014