I have a laptop that has a sound issue for a long time. The sound volume is just not loud enough even though I maximized all the volume controls I can find on that machine. It’s been bothering me so much until lately, I decided to dig a little deep to see if there is anything I can do about it.
It turns out, there is indeed one option built right in Windows that could boost up the sound volume without buying or installing any hardware or software. If you are struggling with the same sound issue like mine, here is what you can do.
1. Right-click on the speaker icon at your system tray, and choose Playback devices, which opens up Playback tab in Sound dialog box.
2. Right-click the device, and choose Properties.
3. In Speakers properties window, go to Enhancements, and check “Loudness Equalization” option.
To turn it off if you find the sound volume is now too loud, go to the same place and uncheck the Loudness option.
Note that this tip works on Windows 7 and above systems, including Windows 10.
That’s about it. Enjoy the boosted volume from your speakers or earphones.
Latest posts by Kent Chen (see all)
- Linux Distros Subsystem Not Supported in Windows 10 S - May 24, 2017
- The New Surface Pro Announced - May 23, 2017
- Recovering Data Encrypted by WannaCry Ransomware - May 19, 2017
Last updated: 07/11/2016